The Delaware Forest Service has issued its FY16 Annual Report for the Fiscal Year that ended on June 30, 2016.
In the past year, the Delaware Forest Service:
- Awarded $63,982 to fund 22 community forestry projects in Delaware.
- Supervised the planting of 46,200 seedlings on 97 acres of private land, developed 20 stewardship plans for 2,178 acres, and assisted four landowners with silvicultural practices on 66 acres.
- Provided 126 forest insect and disease diagnoses for landowners and homeowners.
- Gave forestry educational programs to 12,841 participants on a wide range of topics in Delaware’s schools, clubs, civic groups, and communities.
- Dispatched a 20-person crew to the Fork Complex in northern California, and provided multiple single resources at the national level to control and contain large wildfires.
- Offered 75 fire education programs to 7,062 students, nearly 75% of the entire State of Delaware first-grade student body.