A community can qualify for the honor by accomplishing three (3) of the following:
- perform an annual ceremony to promote community forests
- complete a tree project that enhances existing urban forests
- develop a community forestry management plan
- adopt a community tree ordinance that protects trees
- form a tree commission or tree board that serves as the guiding body for tree-related decisions
- have a tree budget of $1 per residential household.Click here to download a Tree Friendly Application now.
For more information, contact Michael Martini at (302) 659-6704 or email at Michael.Martini@state.de.us.
Community Level County Alapocas Bronze New Castle Beech Hill Bronze New Castle Carrcroft Bronze New Castle Edenridge I & II Platinum New Castle Fairthorne Bronze New Castle Historic Penn Farms Bronze New Castle Tavistock Platinum New Castle Westover Hills A Platinum New Castle Westover Hills C Platinum New Castle Wilmington & Brandywine Cemetery Silver New Castle Woodbroke Civic Association Bronze New Castle Champions’ Club Bronze Kent Spring Meadows Community Bronze Kent Bayside – Tunnell Community Silver Sussex Baywood – Tunnell Community Silver Sussex Creekside – Tunnell Community Silver Sussex Coveside – Tunnell Community Silver Sussex Dockside – Tunnell Community Silver Sussex Lakeside – Tunnell Community Silver Sussex Seaside – Tunnell Community Silver Sussex Meadows at Old Landing Bronze Sussex Canal Pointe Single Family HOA Bronze Sussex Sterling Cooper Bronze Sussex