For a video about the Tree Friendly Community Program in the Pot-Nets and Baywood communities in southern Delaware click here
The Delaware Tree Friendly Community Program is designed to honor those neighborhoods and homeowner associations in the First State that share a commitment to protecting and enhancing their urban forest resources. These communities recognize that urban trees provide a wide range of benefits to residents such as reduced energy costs, increased property values, and improved air and water quality.
A community can qualify for the honor by accomplishing three (3) of the following:
- perform an annual ceremony to promote community forests
- complete a tree project that enhances existing urban forests
- develop a community forestry management plan
- adopt a community tree ordinance that protects trees
- form a tree commission or tree board that serves as the guiding body for tree-related decisions
- have a tree budget of $1 per residential household. Download a Tree Friendly Community application now. For more information, contact Marcia Fox at 302-659-6704 or by email at email@example.com.